Thursday 25 September 2008

Projection

I had a significant experience today: in a tutorial with my teacher, I felt really small and insignificant, almost stupid.
I got angry because I felt she acted smug and condescending.
Well, later on I remembered that no one can make me feel stupid, how I feel depends on the decisions I make and how I interpret my reality. She is not responsible for my feelings. My happiness does not depend on someone else's behaviour, but on my interpretation of it.  See Kay Pollak in his book 'Growing from Personal Encounters' or sth. like that. (I don't know the exact English term.) Happiness is a decision we make. I choose how I react, loving or in a negative way. This affects my feelings.

Thoughts have  a creative power. I am responsible for my thoughts. I can change my thoughts about myself and others. (Or I might even try not to believe anything at all and stop mentally labeling people and situations) What I think about someone else tells more about me than about the other person.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's very interesting n I must admit quite comforting: I should meditate about this
again, applying this in life is not that easy but worth trying
mwah xxx
cici