Monday 24 November 2008

Uhhhuh, 'The Cold Swedish Winter...

...is right outside, and I just want somebody to hold me through the night.'
Looking at that snowstorm out there, it's no wonder that Jens Lekman wants somebody to kiss and warm the pain away. But I LOVE it! Woohoo! Winter is finally here, and its just SO beautiful! I love the snow! There's a big white blanket covering this town, and its a real 'winter wonderland' if you ask me. Big fat snowflakes falling from the sky, covering everything up in fifteen feet of pure white snow... ;) Today I walked through Gamla Stan totally white, and it was just so amazing, the sky wasn't even as dark anymore, ha ha, it felt more like grey, and the white on the ground was reflecting the streetlights. It was breathtakingly beautiful. Something like that, just better (gosh, I really gotta bring my camera and take some pictures!) Then I found the Julmarknad, one of the Christmas markets, and my joy was complete. Like in a fairytale, I was so overexcited...I just wish I could have shared this with someone... :)

And right when the days are getting shorter and the nights darker, Stockholm comes up with the best film festival ever! The Stockholm Film festival is still running until the 30 November and I am trying to see as many films as possible! :) This weekend I was guest host for the Russian director Andrei Konchalovski and his wife, who came here to introduce his latest film 'Gloss', a critical observation of the (Russian) fashion industry and beyond. I had a great time making them have the best stay ever here in Sweden and I trust they enjoyed it :)
Tonight I have seen 'Rachel Getting Married', the new film with Anne Hathaway starring as an ex-addict messing up the wedding of her sister Rachel. Very convincing and touching, it was a great premiere and I even cried, which doesn't happen too often in films ;) It reminded me of Lars von Trier's 'Festen' at times... I still wanna see 'Julia' and 'Filth and Wisdom' and sooo many more! Hmmmmmm ... :) We are SO blessed! :)
So if you're around in STHLM now, don't miss the festival, it's SO great and enjoy the cold Swedish winter, its right outside, and maybe you even have someone to hold you through the night... ;)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you seem to be really excited about everything:) But great that you are enjoying the winter and all the snow!! We must go to the lakes soon and take pictures of them and the beaches covered in snow- oh so beautiful! And yes, I totaly adore the Julmarknad in gamla stan as well:) I didn't know they started it already! Oh well, that's one trip I'm gonna have to make soon:)

Anonymous said...

wow the film festival in Stockholm might b like daily Christmas 4 u! N it's easier to feel like it's Christmas with that white blanket that covers everything! I am not used to cold weather n all but I daresay that I would brave all that to b there n see such an awesome place! keep making the most of ur Sweeden experience *winx*
cici xxx